Pages

5.04.2011

Shrek the Musical

Some of you may remember that I work a couple of times a year as an audio describer at the Straz Center, where I basically do a live play-by-play of Broadway musicals for patrons with visual impairments. Gone are the days when they needed someone to whisper in their ear about what was happening onstage.



I'm not normally a cheerleader for pop culture but I loved Shrek the Musical. The big, lime green ogre shows us the consequences of judging a book by its cover, and teaches us to accept ourselves for who we are not what we aspire to be, and that "beautiful ain't always pretty."





I watched the show last night and took notes, and during Saturday's matinee I'll be part of the two-woman audio description team working the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment